Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy day...

There are a few days of the year that are not my favorites:

1. New Years Eve
2. Valentine's Day
3. Election Day (really just since the advent of Facebook)
4. Brake Tag renewal day
5. The day before trash day
6. My birthday

I don't know if it's just because I'm too old to get angsty now or if it's this season of hope and change, but I'm actually not hating the idea of having a birthday this year. Now, that doesn't mean I want a big party or anything. No...me and birthday parties are not friends. People try to have them for me and 3 people show up. It's sad. But, I was thinking it might be fun to find another way to celebrate that, um, I'm not dead yet and that, for the time being, I don't feel completely doomed to misery.

Here's what I came up with:

1. Give 41 hugs on my birthday. This shouldn't be too hard considering I have church Sunday...and we have a little over 41 people there most weeks. ;)
I love hugs. And, I've been told I'm a pretty good hugger. So, this should be super fun for everyone. Unless I try to hug someone who doesn't believe in hugs or touching women who are not married to him or something...then it will just be awkward.

2. 10 Random Acts of Kindness (since my birthday is on the 10th). I could make up a list of ideas or just see what the Lord puts in front of me. I heart lists almost as much as I heart spontaneity, so it's a toss up. If you have any ideas for some super fun or meaningful random acts, please feel free to post them in the comments. I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Who knows, I might just enjoy my birthday after all...and maybe even make a friend or two.

Hopefully...
t

1 comment:

  1. So how did your acts of kindness go?? I was only on FB to post pictures and missed telling you there -- but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, er, WEEK! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete